I’m trying a new format here. It is probably not so new idea in general, but a new format for me.
I need a place to share my thoughts, I must do it regularly or my brain is going go explode. I’m not happy with the current state of social media. Including Mastodon, although the community there is brilliant, the tool has some flaws that disturb me. I’m going to share my thoughts here, numbered, regularly and I’ll see what’s going to happen. I hope those will provoke someone to contact me, to discuss, to challange or simply to think about and reflect on them.
Let’s begin. Next posts won’t have such an introduction.
- Everyone who has a blog should consider publishing the full post in the feed. It’s frustrating to open the web view every time I want to read something.
- Technology won’t save the world. Well, more I observe techies, more I see it can be exactly opposite.
- It’s a sad realization, but I think people prefer to use social media (doesn’t matter if mainstream or independent) over slower and deeper ways of communicating.
- It’s a privilege that I can sit here and write down those musings instead of trying to make a living and feed my family or survive the war. I wish everyone knew this.
- I don’t know if it’s me or general rule, but even among the folks who have blogs there’s low diversity. I wish more people of color, more women, more queer folks would express themselves. If someone knows great sites from underrepresented people – please let me know.
- There’s so much drama around the work and the job and whole labor market. There’s no need to put so many emotions into working and yet, people do this all the time.
- We often don’t realize how close to the bankruptcy we are. I didn’t. Even savings aren’t unlimited, and every job, every hustle can be ended brutally at any point.
- I stopped using DeepL to make a grammar correction of my posts. I’m sure I’m going to make more mistakes, but: a) my mistakes are a part of being me, b) I’m not a native speaker and it’s not a shame, c) I’m trying to limit AI usage in my life as much as possible, d) it made my posts more correct and soulless.
Thank you all for being here. Have a nice day.